World of Warcraft Gold at www.IystWowGold.com

Jan 19, 2012

Star Wars: The Old Republic Innovation Points

Since the new online game Star Wars: The Old Republic released, the game get all kinds of comments, some people think that the game imitate other MMOs, and it will not get sucess for a long time, some players think the game is great and expect it will get the well performance in game industry. About it, I do not want to talk about too much, just share some innovation points in the game with you. If you like, you can try to playing in it. All players want to get those fresh game experience, so, if a new game want to get success, it must do a lot of works on innovation. Next the detail innovation parts in the SWTOR share with you.


The Combat
There’s nothing terribly innovative about SWTOR’s combat, but the removal of an auto-attack ability for all classes (and companions) is innovative in its own way because it’s been so long since an MMO actually did that. The early games I played had no auto-attack, which I’d actually forgotten over the years and I’ll admit, it confused me a little when I started playing SWTOR. Here I was, thinking I’d let my auto-attack do some damage for me while I waited for my smuggler’s energy bar to replenish… and here I was, standing around like a lemon while the bad guys kicked my ass.


Another element of combat that I really like is that everyone can rez anyone. The only limitation is that it can only be done when out of combat. For a theme park game, which is explicitly and unabashedly what SWTOR is, it actually makes a lot of sense. It keeps things moving. You can even rez yourself right where you died (after a short wait interval), which is really handy for some of the hairier solo fights and means you don’t have to run all the way back through a long-ass dungeon just so you can finish your epic fight with the storyline villain. In my case, it’s bad enough to know I was beaten the first time, but I can concentrate on figuring how not to get beaten again without having to wade through a bunch of trash mobs to do it.


Companions
This is probably SWTOR’s most obvious innovation when it comes to MMO design, even though it’s not the first MMO to use henchmen of some kind. Yes, it’s lifted straight out of Dragon Age and other BioWare single-player games, but that’s just smart design: when you have something that works well in one setting, there’s absolutely no harm (and comparatively little risk) in trying it out in another setting. SWTOR’s companions aren’t just faceless henchmen. They talk to you, they have their own back-stories and personalities, they’ll run errands (or missions) for you or play various different roles in combat, and they can approve or disapprove of the choices you make in game. I’ll freely admit I didn’t like the concept to begin with, for various reasons, but I’ve been won over. Companions add a new dimension to MMOs and they’re more than just two-legged (or –wheeled) versions of other games’ hunter pets.


In SWTOR, I can do many things I like, with my companions I always feel the game is really interesting and fantastic. I can solo heroics, sure, but not at level, or not most of them, and the fact remains that a live player will in almost every case be better in a group situation than an AI-companion. By the time I can solo the harder content with my companion, the rewards probably won’t be worth the trouble, so for a theme-park game it mostly balances out. So, do not forget that there are really many parts you can playing and enjoying in the game, good luck!

http://postpis2009.blog.de/2012/01/20/star-wars-the-old-republic-innovation-points-on-crafting-12488904/
http://postpis2009.blog.de/2012/01/20/swtor-detail-information-about-the-skill-trees-12488902/
http://postpis2009.blog.de/2012/01/20/guides-for-star-the-old-republic-12488900/

http://www.fly-wownews.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment